Marketing Insights Analyst
OVERVIEW – JOB DESCRIPTION:
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, results oriented MARKETING INSIGHTS ANALYST.
We’re looking for a dynamic data storyteller with digital advertising experience to bolster the core reporting and analytics services we provide to our clients. If you’re part data gatherer, part business analyst and you enjoy using data to drive effective marketing and communication strategies, you have an exciting opportunity to grow with Communica. We believe you will love working with us as we have a great culture and team! We offer in-office, hybrid and remote opportunities as work options.
“Marketing today requires a considerable measure of Science to accompany the always important role of Art. This position is critical to the value we deliver to our clients, as the insights we gain help guide ongoing strategic and tactical decisions.”
Barry Rosen – Chief Integration Officer
The Marketing Analyst reports to the Chief Integration Officer.
- Work in close collaboration with Communica’s account and service teams to understand the data gathering, analysis, reporting and presentation needs of individual agency clients.
- Be the key resource for the agency’s use of performance data, such as digital and traditional media, funnel, search, social media and public relations campaigns.
- Be the key resource for the agency’s use of research data, such as website, search/SEO, reputation/sentiment and competitive metrics.
- Create detailed client-ready reports that provide insights and recommendations for improving client marketing strategies and effectively represent the agency’s brand.
- Keep pace with industry, technology, and strategic changes.
- Serve as an in-house subject matter expert for communicating digital analysis and interpretation content, both internally and externally.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred Educational Level: BA/BS or Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as a Marketing Analyst or equivalent position, including experience analyzing digital ad campaigns with Google, Meta, TikTok and similar.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing strategy, user behavior and experiences, metrics and campaigns.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, charts, and formulas.
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint, including templates, masters and formatting.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with tag management software (Google Tag Manager) and journey/event tracking.
- Preferred intermediate SQL querying ability and understanding of relational databases. This creates a strong data foundation and provides ability to conduct deep-dives independently.
- Experience with querying data from a database and turning into a report with insights that can be presented to others.
- Strong analytical and logical thinking ability, while still being able to articulate your thoughts in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Attention to detail, independent and holistic thinker with ability to recognize patterns and anomalies in data.
- Active listener - asks good questions; creative, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Good project management and organizational skills; ability to work within tight deadlines.
- A plus if you have experience with third-party analytics and report automation tools such as Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Zapier and TapClicks.
- A plus if you have experience with research tools such as MOZ, SEM Rush or RavenTools.
- A plus if you have skills in AI prompt engineering.
COMMUNICA OFFERS EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- 401K Plan
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Work/Life Balance
While this position can be remote, local in Toledo or Columbus is preferred.
At Communica, we empower our multidisciplinary team of 45 to continually learn and adapt as marketing and business landscapes evolve, embracing the channels, platforms and technology that most effectively position our clients’ brands to their customers, new and old, across every touchpoint and every opportunity, every time.