Public Relations Practitioner
“Our PR Team loves collaboration and teamwork. We’re excited to add someone to the team who thrives in a mutual learning environment, where you learn from us and we learn from you. We all shoulder the wide variety of responsibilities together, and make sure we are taking care of each other, and our clients.”
Hiring Manager - Amy Fitzenrider
- Provide tactical support in the execution of strategic communications plans, working with the PR team, outside agencies, vendors and our internal, cross-functional teams.
- Undertake research as requested.
- Media and influencer relations:
- Draft press releases and other PR materials including presentations.
- Build targeted media, influencer and podcast lists leveraging our databases.
- Conduct outreach to the media and other key influencers.
- Social Media:
- Develop social media content strategies
- Draft posts, monitor and respond to comments
- Take an active interest in learning social media advertising and how it integrates with organic content, etc.
- Be curious and interested in learning about social platforms, both current and new.
- Support thought leadership initiatives, including speaking opportunities. Help analyze results of key initiatives and propose recommendations.
- Foster strong collaboration and teamwork among the public relations team and the other disciplines within Communica to achieve the best outcomes.
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with client groups and key subject matter experts to develop appropriate messages and communications.
- Support events and special initiatives, working with partners to ensure high standards and excellent quality is delivered in terms of content, environment and logistics.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the Communications function, including participating in general departmental initiatives and implementing best practices from the team.
The Skills You Bring
- 3-5+ years of experience in PR or communications roles preferred
- Bachelor's degree in liberal arts discipline, communications/PR, journalism or business preferred
- Strong editing and writing skills
- Creative thinking
- Understanding of new and emerging media and social media trends
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at a time
- Collaborative mindset, strong work-ethic, great interpersonal skills and desire for continual learning
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel (or the Google equivalent). Experience with MailChimp and Agility are a plus.
Critical Skills & Attributes
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Organized and efficient
- Excellent time-management skills – ability to adhere to deadlines
- Strong proofreading skills – ability to catch typos in brand materials
- Self-starter who can work well independently and as part of a team